Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Grumblings

This won't mean much to...anyone, I suppose. But I think at this point it might not matter. Anyway, I'm at one of those points where I'm frustrated with everything. And nothing's all that wrong. Seriously--it isn't.

Like, the FRC. We just found out that our renovation plans have been pushed back another year, which sounds like bad news and sort of is bad news, but it's really good news for me because I don't really want to move. I've lived in this building for three years. I've lived in this room for two. I like it here.

But I'm frustrated with the way things work and the people I'm working with. I'm frustrated that I have to remind people of simple rules that have been established since mid-August. I'm frustrated with the I'm-going-to-pretend-like-I-don't-hate-you-for-this-even-though-I-do emails I've been getting. I'm frustrated with the way the people in this dorm act like six-year-olds. I'm frustrated that Kim and Sheena and Rachana are frustrated. I mean, it's not like things will be that much better next year.

I just don't see that many problems with it this year. There are certainly things that could be improved, but I think a lot of that's the membership. And I don't know if I'll ever understand uptight people.

Also frustrating is when people ask questions that can be googled. For example, who Tony Hale is. I'm mostly teasing about that, but really...people have been asking me things that are easy to find online. It usually doesn't bother me, but for some reason it's been bugging the crap out of me.

Oh. And practical people--getting on my nerves. Doug wants to put a coffee house in the bottom of the dorm for next year. I feel like if Housing's willing to pay for it and Doug's willing to make it happen...why not? We're gaining space by doing it (we'd take over one of the storage rooms) and, come on...Coffee! But the people who speak up say that they think it'd take a lot of work. Am I the only one who's willing to fight for good coffee in the dorm?

I might as well say this, since it effects supposed readers of this thing anyway. We're going to Mississippi for Thanksgiving. But dad asked if I was going, which means that I have the option of...not going. On one hand, I have a buttload of work to do--I am not exaggerating--and having the house to myself would be ideal for productivity. And I'd love to see all the strays that are coming back to the Peach State. On the other hand, my grandparents aren't getting any younger, and I would like to see them. And I'm potentially missing Daniel's graduation in May, which would be two strikes against me. I don't know.

So...I'm frustrated with that, too. Why can't we go for Christmas? Eurgh. But anyway, everything's been bugging me lately. Even little things. I need another BNL concert to look forward to. Or a pet. Something.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:30 PM, November 16, 2006 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    So first off: I would have Googled it, but I wanted to leave a comment on your blog, and that was the only thing I could think to write at that moment. I apologize if you found it irritating.

    Second off: I'll understand if you can't be around for Thanksgiving, but know that you will be very much missed. You were one of the people I was really looking foward to seeing when I went home.

    --Andrew

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home