Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Friday, December 29, 2006

So Excited

See, I wanted to post about this thing that I'm going to do in January, but I'm afraid. Afraid because it's kind of a secret and you never know how much snooping my parents do. So what I'm going to do, in lieu of making a private blog, is post the thing I'm freaking out about on Fraz's blog, in a comment, as soon as he says this is acceptable. Because I'd love to tell you--the Portland Boy already knows part of it, but not the part that freaks me out in that kind of excited/terrified/nervous as hell way. Because I just found out about that this morning. And I'm freaking out about it.

So yeah. There's that.

A highlights of the past weeks, for those interested:


  • Got all A's this term. Three minuses, but it feels good to think that I'm not getting worse at the game, especially since this was the hardest semester I've had since Spring of 2005 and I totally screwed that one up.

  • Have been watching a movie a day, or more depending on the amount of stuff scheduled for said day. Nothing award winning, although I wish someone would explain what was so great about Little Miss Sunshine and Mean Creek. LMS had it's good points, mainly (I think) Steve Carell, but it wasn't worth the hype. Mean Creek was just lame and not even in an artsy way. Slither was fabulous, so if I haven't already told you to go watch it; go watch it. Wordplay, which is a documentary about Will Shortz, is also worth renting. (I facebooked the kid in it, and he friended me. I shouldn't be as pleased about that as I am.)

  • Saw both Andrews, at the same time. Had a very memorable afternoon, which we've agreed not to talk about. It's safe to say, though, that females everywhere should mourn the loss of two very talented men. The Andrew sandwich was the best Christmas present ever.

  • And speaking of Christmas, it was a good one. Got loads of movies, a camera bag, some CD's, and clothes. And a cool looking clock.

  • I got to pick out a necklace for my birthday, and I really like it. The chain is long enough that you don't even need to unclasp it, and it's a good weight. I also think it's the first piece of designer jewelry I've ever owned, which is only fun because you can find your necklace on models in a fashion magazine.

  • I've been working on productive things like organizing my music and cleaning the house. Movies have taken more of a priority, but it's nice to feel productive.


Now I shall go watch (another) movie. This time with my mother. Fraz, let me know if I have the green light to invade your comments.

6 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, December 30, 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Invade away, dear friend.

     
  • At 11:39 PM, December 31, 2006 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    Hey! I'm just about to link off to Frazzy's blog to see what you're so afraid of, but not before expressing my extreme elation that I'm not the only one who didn't like Little Miss Sunshine. I was really afraid that I was missing something.

    The whole "life is one big fucking beauty pageant" thing really got on my nerves. Because, I mean, it's not. Not really. Also: anyone who calls their book about Proust "Understanding Proust" clearly does not understand Proust in the slightest.

    Alright. Off to FrazzleTown.

    --Andrew

     
  • At 12:46 AM, January 07, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    And I laughed at what you said about whether or not it makes one's ass look big. :) Your laughter was certainly not inappropriate. I mean, I'm kind of insulted by what he said, but it is good advice. I had to call off a date with my French TA after he told me that.

    As for the tequila, I don't usually drink it unless it's in a margarita. What's more, the only "New Year's Resolution" I've made is to not drink anymore. At least for this year. I know, my 21st birthday is coming up in March and I will CERTAINLY drink the week or so around my birthday. However, that'll be it. I don't need what alcohol does to my voice and whatnot. So, to finally answer your question, no thanks on the tequila. :)

     
  • At 1:44 AM, January 09, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Geez, yet again I come up short to you in cool points. I'm glad you have it, though. It's greatness. :)

     
  • At 6:49 PM, January 17, 2007 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    Ou est l'update, man?

    --Andrew

     
  • At 10:55 PM, January 22, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I looked into standby programs, but I don't think it's going to happen. I just don't have the money for it, and my parents (I'm almost positive) won't pay for it. I'll just have to wait until the end of the summer. Boo. :(

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home