Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Banana Bottom

Yes, I missed Tuesday. But missing a day is way more excusable than closing your blog. Seriously. What is that?

I'm in the animation lab (again...that's where I spend all my time these days) waiting for my robot to render. It takes about 5 seconds per frame to render. My snowman, all two seconds of it, was 48 frames...24 frames per viewing second. The robot is 300 frames. Yeah. 25 minutes, minimum of rendering. That doesn't account for the fact that my robot is royally fucked up. I really hope this renders right the first time.

I like animation, though. It's like a big puzzle, and I'm into puzzles. Plus, my teacher's amazing. He's so funny--his jokes are awesome. My favorite quote so far occurred today though..."you have to put a bottom on your banana or your fruit will fall out."

Think about it. It's true.

100 frames left to render. Whew.

The next project is a still picture, though, and that's fun. It'll be a targa file, which shouldn't excite me as much as it does. I've always wanted to have a reason to make a targa file.

I'm parked illegally. Just throwing that out there.

I have two midterms next week, which amounts to eighteen chapters of reading I need to do this weekend. Plus CMF finals. Plus Stillpoint submissions sorting. Plus a review session. Busy busy busy.

75 left. I need a good recipe for roasting chickpeas. I burned the last batch.

Ok. I'll quit being so spacy. Sorry I forgot Tuesday. House was on. I got distracted.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:43 PM, February 15, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Ok, I'll read this when I'm more lucid, but I'm not doing anything and I just rented Pi (dir. by Darren Aronofsky). Wanna watch it? If not, I'm totally up for something else. :)

     
  • At 1:42 PM, February 16, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your place. I'll see you at 8:00. :)

     
  • At 2:39 PM, February 16, 2007 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    ONE. Emily's mom's going to be at Tate on the 21st. There is no Government Building. 10AM-2PM. Frazzle, if you're reading this, you should go to. She's collecting names for people who are interested in more information about employment with the IRS. Even if you're not interested, it will make her look good if she gets a bunch of names. And really, you should be interested. Federal Government benefits are beyond cushy, and you get to take bad people's money away from them. It's pretty much the platonic job.

    TWO. I saw Slither last night. I'm still squeaked out. I keep feeling an itch, and checking myself for leeches. And dude, seriously, that one part? Where the tentacles come out of his chest and he impregnates that woman? Yeesh.
    So glad we don't have bugs in this part of the world.

    THREE. Will you post the robot when you're done with it?

    --Andrew

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home