Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Test Stress

First, robot.



Second...I have two midterms this week...one thirty percent of my grade and the other twenty five. The first is tomorrow. The second is Friday. I've studied for neither. I'm not all that freaked out.

I don't know if hanging out with people who stress about big tests is making me feel like I don't care enough, or if I should be genuinely concerned, but I'm more bothered by the fact that I'm not bothered by my impending doom than I am about the doom itself. Like last November, when I had two term papers due on the same day and hadn't started on either of them two days beforehand? I was freaked out because I wasn't freaked...not because of the papers themselves.

On one hand, I feel like it's a good thing. Self-confidence, and being assured that you'll get things done because it's the way you roll, is a positive thing, right? But what happens when it backfires? Because, statistically, one day it has to. I don't really want to fail anything.

Third...I officially have too much influence on the FRC. Bam.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, February 20, 2007 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    I want to take animation classes now.

    I think my favorite part is the shrug. Just how much work goes into making it shrug? And how long did it end up taking you, overall, to do the whole thing?
    That is just so neat.

    And just how have you exerted your influence over the FRC?

     
  • At 9:32 PM, February 21, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I LOVE the robot! I'm very impressed. :) I stopped stressing about tests and papers b/c, like you, I always get it done. As long as we do the work, it can't backfire, right?

     
  • At 10:33 AM, February 22, 2007 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    OHMYGODANDTHENYOUMISSEDWEDNESDAY.

     
  • At 7:17 AM, February 24, 2007 , Blogger Merrrrde said...

    I dunno. I think the possibility of continued success utilizing procrastination as a motivator is effective about 85% of the time because when you finally turn your attention to the task at the top of the priority list, your sub-conscious has already spent weeks lining up what you need to get it completed.

    A word of caution-- any paper/ project over 15 to 25 pages (double-spaced, with wide margins)will cause the system to implode, leaving you with large, vacant spaces where parts of your mind used to be. This can be annoying.

    Liked the juggling robot. I can only imagine how difficult it is to get those balls to move smoothly. Hmf. Somehow that just didn't quite sound right...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home