Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Bleck

I don't really like the word ennui because it seems pretentious to me. I mean, I get it. And I know what ennui is, moreover I've been in the position to use it many times, but it just seems like the specificity of it isn't worth it. Plus, if you're that bored, would you really go to the trouble of using the word ennui?

In other news, I'm suffering from camp withdrawal. Symptoms include waking up at 7:37 no matter how late you stayed up, feelings of restlessness, a strong desire to put on sunscreen almost perpetually, and an inclination to drink 32 ounces of water every four hours. The restlessness is coming in handy, as I'm having to help run the house while mom is recovering from surgery, but also irritating because sometimes I'd just like to rest.

I broke a tooth on Monday and ended up having a root canal yesterday. For all the talk about them hurting, I really haven't felt anything. Actually, I was more bothered by them numbing my mouth than I was my the drilling, although I'm sure it would have been a different story if they hadn't numbed my mouth. But whatever. I go back tomorrow for a crown impression and then back sometime later for the actual crown.

The word crown makes me think of how E says crayon. And that just makes me miss you guys. Oh well.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:03 AM, July 25, 2007 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    How do I say it? Me, The E? Am I usually wrong? Wait...wait...like, "crown?" I don't think that I was ever really aware of that until you people pointed it out. But I can't help it.

    Miss you.

    I'm starting my first real 8-hour shift at the nursing home today. From the looks of things, I may soon be scarred for life. You are back at home now? Perhaps I shall get started on another letter.

    What kind of surgery did your mom have? She okay?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home