Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

You write, I write

Guess who got a letter today (yesterday as you're reading, but today as I'm writing)? That's right--franklin did. Oh yeah. The marvelous and wonderful E sent me a long and glorious letter. It was amazing. Since it's too late into camp for this to count as a plea, I shall say: mail is the most marvelous thing at camp, because it gives you tangible proof that you are loved. I know that sounds silly, but it's true. So getting a letter is like getting finding a big hug in your box.

Yesterday (two days ago) was my night off, during which I became a member of Sam's Club. I'm also very excited about this. I bought some blackberries and some oatmeal pies, and a pineapple for our camp director as a going away present. It was all very fancy. I love cheap stuff.

Camp is winding down, which is very bittersweet. I love the kids, and I'm having a blast, but I'd like to be home and be able to come and go as I please. Also, there is a lot of drama among the staff sometimes (all girls, go figure), and it gets to be a bit too much for me, as I'm not really into that kind of thing. I'm definitely glad I did it, though. It's been amazing, and I've had a great time.

As of now the plan for next summer is to travel for most of my time off. There's so much I haven't seen and so much I want to see--so many pictures to take. Depending on the details of the gradschool thing, I'd like to just take off for a while.

Also, I'm about 95% sure that I'm going to get another tattoo next spring. I'm thinking March 21st again, as that seems to be a good tattoo-getting day.

Ok. It's late, and although family night was awesome (it's one of the only nights where we don't do something with the whole camp) today has been tiring. Thankfully, I have four hours off tomorrow. Yeah, that's twice what I usually get. Also, it's closing campfire, which means not much longer until the end of camp and Harry Potter and then school again. I miss school. And of course, reading your blogs more often, not that you're updating much. Don't worry, I'm not picking on you. I am in no position to talk.

Thanks for the letter, E. Sorry to hear about the velcro genitals. Sounds like it hurt. Also, the magnetic words were awesome. Especially since one of them was Pink, who is another counselor in my unit. You rock. Also, I approve of the new sig.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home