Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Friday, November 09, 2007

AIPTO: Around the Year with...(Joe, Marc’s Brother)

Who? See previous JMB post. Same band. Different (better?) album. I’d tell you more about Joe but we’ll get to that after next week.
Why it’s awesome: It’s the same guys, and for the most part the same vibe, but there’s definitely an evolution of their sound evident. I think the lyrics for this album are stronger, not that the other was weak. I guess this is a more active album, if that makes sense. Anyway, if you were only going to buy one of their albums, I’d recommend this one. Actually, if you were only going to buy one album this season, I’d point you to this one. These guys are amazing.
In One Word: Whoa.
Song Rec: Evergreen, which I can’t stop listening to. The bit at the front, about spring…it’s also found on their first album at the end of The Heart of Love. I love that. There are more good songs on their myspace page, which is linked from their website.
Link: JoeMarcsBrother.com

1 Comments:

  • At 11:03 PM, November 09, 2007 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    Ok. I think I may Amazon this one. I read their Wikipedia entry, and they sound kind of awesome. Anyone who moves from New Jersey to Nashville for a reason other than the weather has the Andrew Mills stamp of approval.

    --Andrew

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home