Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

AIPTO: Colors (Ken Nordine)

Who? Ken Nordine is a voiceover guy. He also does jazz. And this album. This is the album that I couldn’t find on the computer…turns out it was on my window sill. Anyway, that’s all I know about Ken Nordine. I don’t even know if he’s alive right now. I think he is though. I want him to teach one of my classes though, just so I listen to him all the time. Also, with no logical segue, the BNL album Maroon was named after track number seven.
Why it’s awesome: First, because Ken Nordine has a remarkable voice. Second because this is spectacularly written. And third because it personifies colors, which is something I love to do. This whole album is like spoken prose poems. And that’s pretty cool. I can’t say much more, because the album kind of speaks for itself.
In One Word: Warm
Song Rec: Green and Muddy. Oh yeah.
Link: Amazon.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home