Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Monday, November 26, 2007

AIPTO: Daydreams (Joe Pisapia)

Who? Guster Joe. Giver of good hugs and rememberer of Keri and me. The awesomeness of Joe, Marc’s Brother. This is his solo album. But it’s also our last chance to talk about Joe, the fourth Guster. Joe is the only numbered Guster because, as I believe I mentioned in a previous entry, he was added in later. At first he was just jamming with them but now he’s (thankfully) an official member of the band. If it’s possible, he made the band even better. He's an extraordinary musician and songwriter, and super friendly. He also has the best footwork of all of the Gusters, in my opinion. If you ever manage to go to show, stand Joe-side (stage left, usually on the same side of Brian). It's good fun.
Why it’s awesome: I have trouble not listening to this album over and over. The first time I listened to it was the day after the Macon show in March, and I played it in my DVD player because my desktop wouldn’t play CD’s, and it basically stayed playing all day. I paused it when I left the room, but when I came back in it went right back on. I do this frequently with songs, but it’s never happened with a whole album. It’s a neat composition, this thing…kind of stream of conciousness and unpretentious and soothing. My copy is signed (that makes it even better).
One Word: Fleece
Song Rec:I was going to give you Sometimes, but I think that’s readily available online. And Lullaby is too long to upload here. And Riversong can be freely downloaded from the JMB website. So Empty it is.
Link: JoePisapia.com

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home