Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

AIPTO: The Debut of Joe, Marc's Brother (Joe, Marc’s Brother)

Who? The limited readership of this blog should know. But if you don’t, Joe’s the fourth Guster. JMB was the band he was in before Guster, supposedly one of Ryan’s favorites. One of mine, too, I think.
Why it’s awesome: First, Joe’s amazing. I’m going to assume that Marc is as well, although I know amazingness is not always genetic. The music itself is a great mix of mellow and a sort of bluegrassy/folk/pop sound. Some of the songs have this really crazy eighties vibe and it works really well. Also, there are times when I want to lie down and take a nap in Joe’s voice.
In One Word: Butter
Song Rec: It Still Hurts. My favorite lyric is “We never did sit down to pick out curtains for the windows in the house that we never planned to build.” If I were just picking songs for Andrew, you’d be getting Mel Bay.
Link: JoeMarcsBrother.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home