Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Monday, November 19, 2007

AIPTO: The Eminem Show (Eminem)

Who? Now I know you all know this one. And that’s good, because I’m afraid I don’t know anything more than the basics. That’s why we’re going to go straight to the album specific part.
Why it’s awesome: You’ve probably noticed that I’m a sucker for details. This album pays attention to details for serious. I love the talking at the beginning of Cleaning out My Closet, I love the skits (especially Curtains Down), I love the continuity. I think including his daughter on the album is endearing. Also, I think the man is a genius, in the over-used sense of the word. There’s a sense of triumph of seeing the line, backing up, and jumping straight over the sucker. Emimen’s about addressing the stuff on the other side of the line. About being unreasonable. And at the same time, really human and identifiable. This is my favorite of the Eminem albums I have (which is an admittedly limited number), but I’m very glad to own it. Also, it makes great train/bus music.
In One Word: Sand
Song Rec: Superman
Link: Eminem.com

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home