Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

AIPTO: Flutterby (Butterfly Boucher)

Who? Emily and I saw Butterfly Boucher while we were in high school, when she opened for BNL. She’s from Australia, and Butterfly is her real name. I find that really endearing, the name part. The Australian thing is just cool because I like her accent. She has picked up a bit in popularity, I think, but since I’m not really into that kind of thing I don’t really know. I do know that she did a cover of a David Bowie song for the Shreck 2 soundtrack, and they've used her songs on Grey's Anatomy a few times. That's a good sign.
Why it’s awesome: Ok, first, and this kind of hurt her when we saw her live, she plays everything herself. Drums, bass, guitar, keyboard...she’s crazy talented. She also does her own back-up vocals, and I read somewhere that she arranged the album herself too. Anyway, the lack of a band makes her show a little lacking, but overall she's hard core (and super talented). She has a really rich voice and has a strong songwriting style. I feel comfortable saying that this is one of the best albums I own.
In One Word: Crimson
Song Rec: A Walk Outside
Link: ButterflyBoucher.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home