Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Monday, November 12, 2007

AIPTO: Lilac6 (The Lilac Time)

Who? The Lilac Time is, at least according to me, Stephen Duffy’s band. Stephen Duffy is a long-time friend/one-time idol of Steven Page. When Page was younger he used to write Duffy letters asking for songwriting advice. Later they wrote songs together. You’ll hear some of these tomorrow. Today is The Lilac Time, which occasionally has Page/Duffy songs, but mostly just has Duffy songs, which are exquisite. Fun trivia: Stephen Duffy was in Duran Duran before Duran Duran was famous.
Why it’s awesome: I bought this album for the song Entourage, but I quickly fell in love with the other tracks. His lyrics have a lot of the qualities that I like about BNL’s (fitting because he wrote some of BNL’s songs), but with less force. It’s good plant-mounting music, not that anyone else here does that, and kind of plays like the stuff my mom(/Andrew) would listen to. Except better.
In One Word: Glue
Song Rec: Wasted. This isn’t my favorite, or second favorite track on the album but for some reason I feel really possessive of those. That makes it sound like I don't like this one and that isn't true. This is a really good one. Be excited. You can also have Junes Buffalo because it's a total party song. I think someone used this in a commercial recently, but I might be making that up.
Link: TheLilacTime.com

3 Comments:

  • At 10:58 AM, November 13, 2007 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    I always thought the guy who sang the Entourage song was from England.

    But that's awesome that Steven Page wrote him letters.

    And neither the Semisonic, nor the 2 JoeMarc'sBrother CDs I ordered have made it to my apartment yet, and this is starting to worry me. The Prince album I ordered at the same time got here last week.

    --Andrew

     
  • At 11:04 AM, November 13, 2007 , Blogger Erin said...

    What makes you think he isn't from England? Because he is, most definitely.

     
  • At 5:18 PM, November 14, 2007 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    Yeah, I always check.

    And Semisonic came today! I'm going to listen to it when I get home tonight.

    --Andrew

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home