Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Friday, November 30, 2007

AIPTO: Maybe You Should Drive (Barenaked Ladies)

Who? We round off our month of endless posting with Ed. Ed is the other lead of BNL. Although he has no musical side-projects to speak of, he has his pilot’s license, and his own TV show in Canada. I have only seen bits and pieces, but it’s pretty fantastic. Well, I mean, Ed’s pretty fantastic. He comes off as fun and sincere and down-to-earth and goofy. And I think you know by now that being in BNL means you’re in the top tier of musicians. It’s hard to say things about Ed that I haven’t already said about everyone else, because he does deserve some sort of distinction. Ed is made of awesome. Ed’s…he’s Ed, is the thing. And if I were to describe someone as Ed-like, you know that person would probably kick ass.
Why it’s awesome: This is BNL’s second album, which didn’t actually do well commercially (only because people are idiots, not because it isn’t great). I don’t have a favorite BNL album, but if I were trying to pick one this would totally make it to the finals. This album has such a pleasant cohesiveness to it…maybe some sort of unifying softness. I can’t describe it. Anyway, you should own this one too. It has a great cover, if nothing else.
In One Word: Tile
Song Rec: Am I the Only One?
Link: BNLmusic.com

And with that, we are finished.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:33 PM, December 01, 2007 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    Nice job, kid.

    It has been a good month.

    And I'm a little surprised your favorite BNL album isn't Gordon. I think mine is Everything to Everyone, if only for Celebrity. I really love that song. And Aluminum.

    How did your paper go? What did you end up writing about? How do you think you did in all of your classes this semester?

    Also, just because I have to: It is snowing right now.

    --Andrew

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home