Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

AIPTO: Night Light (Kevin Hearn and Thin Buckle)

Who? I know, I know…you just had a Kevin Hearn album and I theoretically plan this stuff so that doesn’t happen…but the album I was going to give you today isn’t on my computer. I don’t know how that happened. The folder is there, but the files are not. It’s upsetting. But I’d been thinking about how much of an oversight it was that I hadn’t put another Kevin album on the list, and since today’s album has to be put off until I go home...voila. Anyway, this is the same people who played on Mothball Mint, but now they call themselves Thin Buckle.
Why it’s awesome: Both Night Light and his most recent album, Miracle Mile have this honesty to them. I like. This isn’t an album that wants to debut at number one on the Billboard charts. It’s not a fad, and it’s not going to beg you to like it. I can dig it. Put this album on your shopping lists. It’s great Sunday music.
In One Word: Chenille
Song Rec: Where Did You Go?
Link: KevinHearn.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home