Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

AIPTO: Rock Spectacle (Barenaked Ladies)

Who? I have a paper due tomorrow, so you’re getting someone you should know already. The Barenaked Ladies are…I don’t even know where to begin. Canadian Rock at its best. Rock at its best. Canadians at their best. But for this entry we’re going to talk about Tyler, because everyone else will get their turn eventually. Tyler was never really my favorite, and at one point I’d have said he was my least favorite. It took a while for him to grow on me. But I remember going to the concert with Lauren last year and noticing just how hard Tyler rocked. Because, you know, he rocks pretty hard. They say drummers really only have to be adequate, but Tyler's sense of rhythm and sound totally surpasses that. He also has an awesome sense of humor, and as far as BNL’s history of bad hair goes, he’s had the best of the worst.
Why it’s awesome: I picked this album because I prefer several of the songs to the originals; namely Break Your Heart, because once you hear it with that extra bit of Steve-magic you can’t really go back to the album version. (Also, I can’t listen to the hidden improvs on this album without grinning from ear to ear.) The downside is this album makes me want to see them in concert, and they’re not touring right now. 80 days until Ships and Dip III!
In One Word: Yes.
Song Rec: Straw Hat and Old Dirty Hank, although in my mind I always call reverse the old and dirty. Also, Break Your Heart because it's always worth hearing again.
Link: BNLmusic.com

1 Comments:

  • At 9:48 PM, November 07, 2007 , Blogger the queen said...

    I heard Break Your Heart live in Memphis, and I felt bad screaming along with Steven ... the entire world should keep still when he gets to that part.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home