Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Friday, November 02, 2007

AIPTO: See (The Ocean Blue)

Who? Honestly, I don’t know anything about these guys. I bought this at the library for a dollar, and the way the cover was designed I wasn’t sure if the band was See or The Ocean Blue. But it’s The Ocean Blue. I could swear I have four of their albums, but I only have three on this computer.
Why it’s awesome: Sometimes it's hard to find mellow music that doesn't inspire you to think about all the awful things that are going on in your life right now. The Ocean Blue is that kind of mellow--energetic, but still peaceful. Good movie music, too, I think. I listened to this on the plane to Munich two summers ago and it kind of solidified the moment within itself—I don’t know if that makes any sense. Anyway, it’s the music equivalent of a good cream-based soup: smooth and not too heavy, but still filling. I realize that I'm not really good at describing music. It's gonna be a long month.
In One Word: Grey
Song Rec: Bite Your Lip. It’s got a good groove to it.
Link: Amazon.com

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home