Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

AIPTO: Titanic Days (Kirsty MacColl)

Who? Kazzi turned me on to Kirsty MacColl back in high school. The only other thing I know about her, other than the fact that she’s British and was killed in a boating accident. I suppose you could Wikipedia her if you wanted to know more. Sometimes it’s nice to not know everything about the musicians you like.
Why it’s awesome: She has a very smooth voice and a good attention for detail. You’ll see what I mean if you listen to the song I’ve given you. There isn't really a bad song on the album--it's all very solid. You might notice from this collection of write-ups that most of them are male, or primarily male. I don’t know why this is exactly, except that female lyrics have a tendency to be…weaker? Less catchy? I don’t know what I’m trying to say, except that Kirsty’s on the list despite her gender, which makes her special. Nevermind. I’m bad at this generalizing stuff. Just listen to the song.
In One Word: Wool
Song Rec: Bad. Listen for the background noises. Seriously. This is one of my favorite car songs.
Link: KirstyMacColl.com

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home