Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

AIPTO: You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown (Original Off-Broadway Cast)

Who? This is the Peanuts musical. Yeah, I know. I don’t necessarily prefer the original cast, but I don’t prefer the revival cast either. If we could mix them, that’d be good. Anyway, I own the original Off-Broadway cast, so that’s what you’re getting. The more I think of it, I should look up the more recent cast...I heard somewhere that Peter Paige played Snoopy. I don't know if it's true, but it's totally worth checking out.
Why it’s awesome: Oh, does it need explaining? It’s one of the few musicals not written by Sondheim that I adore. The lyrics aren’t exactly award winning but they are still charming, and it suits the comic characters well. And who doesn’t love Snoopy? Seriously. I’ve never seen it, but the soundtrack is inspiring.
In One Word: Team
Song Rec: The Red Barron, because Snoopy was totally the most dynamic character in the whole series. If I remember when I’m back at school, I’ll give you The Book Report, because it’s remarkably accurate.
Link: Amazon.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home