Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Monday, November 05, 2007

AIPTO: Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer (Zolof the Rock and Roll Destroyer)

Who? This one is cheating a little bit because I don’t actually own a hard-copy of the album, but Daniel does, and he let me copy it. His is signed, because he bought it at their concert: they opened for one of his favorites, Reel Big Fish. I’m still pleased to have it in my general vicinity, though, and I feel like the fact that he owns a copy makes it different from something I downloaded but didn’t like enough to buy. I’m going to use this logic later with something Matt gave me. Just wait.
Why it’s awesome: Maybe it's because I don't listen to this sort of music often, but I really like their sound. It's sort of an electronic/pop/rock mix, with perhaps a bit of emo sprinkled in for good measure. I usually don't like bands that scream, but these guys make it work for them in kind of an artsy/unique way. But again, I could only think it's unique because I don't listen to this type of stuff. Anyway, I think they're cool, and they have good lyrics. Look them up if you can't understand: it's usually worth it.
In One Word: Windex
Song Rec: Ode to Madonna because it's what they usually sound like and There's That One Person You'll Never Get Over No Matter How Long It's Been because I think it’s a cool sentiment, albeit a bit emo.
Link: Amazon.com

1 Comments:

  • At 7:18 PM, November 05, 2007 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    So I think I know what the album is that you got from Matt, and if I'm right, I totally want a lollipop from you.

    Who is Reel Big Fish? And how is your brother doing, anyway?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home