Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Romans

I. I'm finished. One semester left, and then I'm done for good. Crazy, huh? That's, you know, banking on my passing Film Theory. But I think I may have actually managed that.

II. My Wisconsin app is due tomorrow. Well, Saturday, but I don't want to be that much of a slacker.

III. I'm in one of those phases right now where everything I've ever written feels like absolute crap. I know that this is a phase, so I'm not going to scrap the applying to grad school idea. But still, guys. What am I doing?

IV. It's a transposase, the thing that I have in Genbank. For something in the hAT superfamily. It's the best superfamily there is.

V. There is little wrong with my world that Steven Page, Joe Pisapia, or their respective bands can't soothe. My back is killing me, but if Joe says it feels like evergreen then, damn it, it feels like evergreen. I'm not joking.

VI. I should be working on my apps. Alas, I blog instead. Because everything I've written is crap.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, December 15, 2007 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    I don't know if this will make you feel any less like your writing is crap, but I still think about the Leni Reifenstahl aquarium whenever I'm feeling existential. Camus can suck it; your stuff's awesome.

    And this isn't quite on the same level, but whenever I look back at old blog entries, I find myself smiling/cringing about 50/50. It just depends on the mood you're in the day you look at the stuff, I think.

    Good luck on getting into Wisconsin. I'm sure you already know this, but Madison is on an honest-to-God isthmus! Every time I look at maps of it, I wet myself a little.

     
  • At 9:48 PM, December 18, 2007 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    You know what I just watched on YouTube for the first time in a couple of years? Alternative Girlfriend and Jane.

    And you know what I'd forgotten was really fucking awesome? Alternative Girlfriend and Jane. I think I'm going to have to watch everything on Barelaked Nadies when I get home from work tonight. We need to start a BNL tribute band and tour Canada.

    That transvestite is still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. And I wish Jim's hair still looked like Carrot Top's.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home