Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Monday, November 03, 2008

Following yesterday's theme of things I've been meaning to share, I have videos from Japan that I rushed to upload and then never really linked to. There's actually a bunch of them, but we'll just cover my favorites.


It wasn't the best hostel we stayed in, but our room had a balcony and a great view (see!) and the staff was super nice. I'm in love with that carrot building, by the way.


The toilet at our hostel in Beppu was connected to the light switch, so it turned on every time you turned on the lights, revealing the secret to the Toto Toilet's spraying system. See, usually you're sitting down when that happens.


That's how a kaiten zushi works. I love these. Granted, the sushi we had at the non-rotating sushi place was better, but these were always way cheap and delicious, with the added bonus of not having to order anything specific and a rotating belt to keep you entertained.


Daniel, dancing on a train. Sideways because I didn't think about video not being able to be rotated. Damn technological limitations.


I admit that this is not the most exciting video (none of these are, really) but Akihabara was a neat place. And full of flashy lights.


I really wish I lived in a place with street performers. This girl tried to catch all the bowls on her head six or seven times, but never managed to do it. It was impressive and sad at the same time.

There are lots more videos on my youtube account that are equally as enthralling as these. Which is to say, not very. But it's still little slices of Japan. I don't think I've ever missed a place as much as I miss Japan. It was so nice there. If I were better at languages I'd learn Japanese and move there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home