Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

If I ran elections we wouldn't do all this projection stuff. We'd announce the winner at 9:00 am on November 5th, after all the districts everywhere had reported their numbers. Tuesday night TV would be safe. I just think it's a little brazen to give states a color when only 1% of your precincts have reported. I mean, yeah, it'd be crazy for California to become a red state, but we could still wait until everything is official.

But then, if I ran elections the race would be a lot closer because every state would split their electoral college votes. Mind you, I don't have that great of a grasp of the electoral college system, but I don't think I'm really a fan of giving all your cookies to one candidate. Since it's working in my favor now I'll allow it but one day we should re-draft that stuff.

I'd also include a rule banning campaign commercials. Signs, sure. Debates, absolutely. Phone calls from humans? Knock yourself out. But no television commercials and no robo-calls.

Good luck to California with their quest to keep equal marriage rights. And, seriously, thank goodness. If would have had trouble sleeping for the next four years knowing that Sarah Palin was one pretzel away from the oval office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home