Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It was a good day today. I got a lot of stuff done. One of those things was making an appointment for Zuki to be spayed which was surprisingly difficult. Not in the appointment-making itself but in that makes me really sad. I'm not against fixing animals--in fact I am squarely for it, and it isn't the actual procedure I'm apprehensive about so much as leaving my puppy at the vet and having her put under and her waking up in a strange place hurting and scared. Now I know she's a dog, and she probably won't be as traumatized by this as I imagine, but she's my puppy. She gets freaked out by tickle-me Elmo and those dancing hamster dolls. And I'm going to take her to the vet and let them cut her open and leave her there overnight? Her first night by herself ever?

I'm still going to do it, of course, but I still feel really bad about it. My poor little dog. But thinking about all the poor little dogs--including puppies--they put down while I was volunteering at Athens Animal Control is enough to make me feel good about the decision. I still feel bad for my dog though.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:23 PM, November 12, 2008 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    I didn't know you worked for Animal Control. That's really cool, man.

    Also: if you don't want to answer this, that's fine, but about what is your price range for the house you're looking for? And what are your criteria?

    Just curious.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home