Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The problem with NaBloPoMo is that sometimes you don't have anything to say. So I'm just going to answer questions you've left in the comments this month. The Queen does this in her comments, usually within 24 hours of the original message. She is much better at this than I am.

The Frazinator asked what the dog's name was. Her full AKC (if I ever mail the papers in) name is Sweet Azuki Bean, unless I can think of something better. We call her Zuki, although mostly I just call her Zookers or Little Dog. Mom calls her Zuki-Lukey or however you'd spell that.

The Queen asked if escarpment was a well-used Canadian term. I have no idea, but there's that Sarah Harmer song about blowing holes in the escarpment. And I think she might mean that one. But I'd never really heard the word until I heard the song, so it's definitely not a well-used Georgian term.

The Freshman asked how we got the dogs to take that picture. Lots of patience and quick shutter speeds. Those dogs don't stay still for long, especially not when Daniel's laying on the ground holding a fun new chew toy/very expensive digital camera. He also asked if I was house hunting exclusively in Chattanooga. Mostly, yes. There's a city near Chattanooga called Soddy Daisy, and I'm not opposed to living there just for the name.

The Freshman then asked if I wanted to go to the Tallulah Gorge over Thanksgiving, which reminds me that I need him to text me the days he's going to be here since I lost all my text messages when they fixed my phone.

Actually, all the rest of these are from him, so we'll cover them all together. The Guster video? No outer context. That was all filmed for that video. We didn't get individual grades for things in creative writing (actually, the only CW class I took where we received scores on individual assignments was also the only class in which I failed every single paper I turned in and still made an A) but I got a solid A in the class. And I'm looking for a house with two or more bedrooms, two or more bathrooms, and under the 80,000 mark. Also, you know, good neighborhood/fence-able back yard/not rotten. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Remind me to write something valid tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:58 AM, November 13, 2008 , Blogger the queen said...

    It's in Testing 123 - it rhymes with glove compartment and apartment. I had to look it up the first time I heard it.

     
  • At 2:21 PM, November 13, 2008 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    Dude! You know, I'd always wondered about that lyric, too. I thought maybe it was something peculiar to Toronto.

    You notice how Canadians (including BNL) always talk about "writing" exams, instead of "taking" them, too? Yeah. That shit's weird.


    --Andrew

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home