Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stolen from someone I knew in high school.

Three things you've done in the last 33 Minutes:
  • Microwaved my tea.
  • Put the dog outside.
  • Started writing this.
Three things you like about yourself:
  • My advanced spacial-reasoning skills.
  • Good baking instincts.
  • The color of my eyes.
Three things you dislike about yourself:
  • My nails.
  • Sense of humor.
  • Phone anxiety.
Three things you're afraid of:
  • Silverfish.
  • Windows at night.
  • Heights, but not really. They mostly make me uncomfortable, not really afraid.
Three things you're wearing right now:
  • Red Shirt
  • Reasonably clean jeans.
  • Socks.
Three everyday essentials:
  • Computer.
  • Toothpaste.
  • Jeans
Three important objects
  • Edwin (the Laptop)
  • Conrad (the iPod)
  • Ramona (the GPS)
Three of your favorite bands/artists
  • Guster.
  • Barenaked Ladies.
  • Semisonic.
Three ways to be happy:
  • Appreciate little things.
  • Move to Japan/Mexico/Austria.
  • Don't live with your family.
Three of your favorite songs at the moment:
  • Starless Heaven (Guster)
  • Evergreen (JMB)
  • Left and Leaving (Weakerthans)
Three new things you want to try in the next 12 months:
  • Being a home-owner.
  • Being in Mexico.
  • Having a real job.
Three things you regret:
  • Not being a better student.
  • Letting my parents talk me out of American Samoa.
  • Not moving out sooner.
Two truths and a lie:
  • I don't like the color teal.
  • I love pickled beets.
  • I sent Clinton a valentine.
Three things you just can't do:
  • Whistle.
  • Steal things without feeling horrible about it.
  • Like the way Ben Folds sounds.
Three things you miss from your past:
  • Japan.
  • Junior year.
  • Camp.
Three gifts you'd like to receive:
  • An ice cream maker.
  • A cabin on the Mayercraft.
  • A copy of the album Parachute from when Guster was still Gus.
Three of your favorite hobbies:
  • Traveling.
  • Concerting.
  • Cooking.
Three things you want to do really badly right now:
  • Finish this.
  • Make muffins.
  • Go somewhere.
Three places you'd like to visit:
  • Egypt.
  • England.
  • Brazil.
Three cartoon characters:
  • Rocko (RML)
  • Norbert (TAB)
  • Arnold (HA)
Three things you want to do before you die:
  • Visit all seven continents (3/7ths of the way there!).
  • Make my own wine.
  • Hang glide or sky dive.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM, November 16, 2008 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    You're going to own a home in Mexico!?

    That sounds completely awesome. And I second the bit about not living with your family. Until the house repairs are finished (which, with the way that my father runs things, could be an infinite amount of time) W, myself, Neutrino, Lenore, Edgar, and Beauregaard (plus all of my worldly possessions) are stuck in Monroe.

    If things aren't finished at the house in Gainesville by the end of next week, I'm moving in anyway. Into the garage.

     
  • At 2:15 PM, November 16, 2008 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    FYI, I was told that the house would be completely finished by the time we got here. That's why I, um, quit my favorite job ever and spent nearly all of my savings moving.

    To my mom's house.

    Yeah, this isn't working out the way I planned.

     
  • At 5:40 PM, November 16, 2008 , Blogger Andrew Mills said...

    1. If you do go to Mexico, and you happen to spend some time in Guadalajara, you are required to take as many pictures as you possibly can for me (not that you wouldn't do this anyway). I am completely obsessed with that city. I think it's because they say the weather's really mild.

    2. I'm really sorry that the home situation is making you so unhappy. And for what it's worth, I don't think your trouble landing a job is because you were a lazy student. I think it's because no one can ever find a job right after college. Have you thought about temping?
    I know I keep sining its praises without ever having tried it, but tons of people I know with decent jobs say they started out temping at their places of employment.

    3. Have you listened to Whatever and Ever amen? I don't like all of Ben Folds's stuff, but that album is really quite excellent. A classic, even.

    4. I seem to remember you saying you sent Bill Clinton a Valentine at some point, so I'm guessing the one about pickled beets is the lie.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home