Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Went house-hunting again today, making two consecutive days of driving to and from Chattanooga. 85, at least the part that goes through Georgia, is way more interesting than 75 although I couldn't say why. I have pictures but they're not off the camera yet. I may put an offer on a house, but it'd be way low. There's another house that's actually an old duplex that was "converted" into a house that I'd consider too, because then I could change it back to a duplex and rent the other side. But it needs a lot of work and Zuki would have to live in the side yard and it has a big front yard and the washer and dryer (not included) are in the kitchen.

The idea of getting custom cabinets to hide the washer and dryer and therefore having secret laundry is kind of appealing to me. But the idea of whoever rents the other side having to do their laundry in my kitchen is not so appealing.

Anyway, provided we don't win the lottery this week, I think the one house is the best I could do in my price range, mainly because it's not actually in my price range but the owner really wants to sell it. Also it has mice. Also someone may have died in it.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:55 PM, November 19, 2008 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    That sounds...nice. I have extra cats, for your mice problem. I'll rent them to you for a case of beer. When they get all whiny you can send them back in the mail.

     
  • At 11:55 PM, November 19, 2008 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    Have I mentioned that I am going to KILL Portland State University and Gainesville State College? And myself?

     
  • At 12:46 AM, November 20, 2008 , Blogger the queen said...

    Don't worry about the dead person. Do you avoid highways after you see the crosses people put out for those who died in accidents?

     
  • At 2:05 AM, November 20, 2008 , Blogger oneifbyland said...

    so i didn't even realize you were doing nablopomo... i look over and there's a billion updates plus you mentioned my blog? love! and so much admiration for getting it done so far!
    so good luck with the house! a ghost adds character! i used to think i lived in a haunted house once.... turns out the fuses were just old.
    and for serious, keep updated on the house. so exciting! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home