Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

LittleDog is at the vet tonight. LittleDog has been at the vet since 8:30 this morning. LittleDog had not eaten since 10:00 last night. LittleDog did not have surgery until at least 6:00pm. LittleDog was anxious this morning. LittleDog spent the whole frickin day in a cage by herself freaked out and hungry. Vet said they would call when she was out of surgery. Vet did not call. Stupid lying vet.

I have turned into my mother. Stupid anxious mother. Stupid anxious me.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:02 AM, December 03, 2008 , Blogger the queen said...

    I hate that. I'd always call at noon even if they said they'd call. Of course, my vet would play with my dogs.

     
  • At 1:56 PM, December 03, 2008 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    Dude. I called about Beau's bloodwork at, um, 9am. I dropped him off at 8:15am. Luckily they'd already done it and everything was fine, so I didn't have to freak out and cry or anything. Then I called again at noon to see how his dental went. Were his teeth clean? Did he yelp a lot? Could I come pick him up now? And the vet was like, yes, everything went well and no, crazy lady, he won't be ready to go home until 3pm. They decided to just let me have him when I showed up at 2:30.

    And THEN, he passes out on my feet while I'm paying the ginormous bill!? Awesome, is what I'm saying.

    So yeah. We're both turning into your mother, I guess. At least I'm not turning into MY mother. Then I would have been fretting all day about the possibility that he'd get stolen by pug-hating terrorists, or mugged by home-gym people.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home