Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Another?

I've been toying with the idea of getting another dog so Zuki will have someone more interesting than me to play with. On one hand, I think she'd really enjoy having a playmate. And I love dogs, so I'm sure I'd enjoy having another. On the other, dogs can be a lot of work, and one is enough. I'm just glad Zookers isn't the type to run off. And if you have two dogs everything is twice as expensive. So maybe I should just get her some more toys. I don't know.

I imagine this is what good parents feel when they try to decide if they should have another baby or not. On one hand, the best gift you can give your child is a good sibling. On the other, can you make a good sibling? What if this one is rotten? What if your second child is a plague on you and your family? What if your family ends up being like certain families I know and the fourth is the only really viable child? Then you're stuck with three duds. And the non-dud will kind of hate you for your obviously contagious lameness. How do you know if you're not going to fuck this stuff up?

I think I'm good with one dog for now, but I still feel bad for My Little Sentence as she has to spend all day with me. And I don't do a lot of interesting dog stuff.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, November 28, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    Wait...you mean your family? Because that would make Daniel the viable one, and I don't know if I totally agree with that.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, November 29, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    And my only concern about you getting another dog is that it might restrict your future moves. If, at some point, you need to rent, one dog is already a pretty big impediment to getting a place. But two? That's narrowed your options down considerably.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, November 29, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    But if you do decide to get a second one, my vote is for bulldog. Although I'm pretty sure you're more of a big dog person.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, December 03, 2009 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    Dude. Bulldogs are HUGE. We had one boarding at the clinic that weighed 85 lbs! They're just really short, with really, really big heads. ADORABLE. They kind of move like pugs, too, sort of wiggle-flop-stumble. Enjoyed back scratches. Its name was Baxter.

    BUT. Bulldogs are incredibly expensive. You cannot get a good deal on them, because they vary in price from outrageous to totally outrageous. Low end being $2500. And they have health problems.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home