Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Back and Forth

Every time I make plans like this (this being to go see The Mountain Goats) I get excited and look forward to it and then try to talk myself out of it at the last minute. Two hours is a long way to drive. I don't know all their songs* and I don't really like Atlanta and I feel bad leaving my dog outside for so long and I don't really like crowds and on and on and on. Thousands of reasons not to go. But I am going to go. Because I've never seen them live on land, and because I like their new album, and because I live alone and I need to make an effort to get out and interact with things that are not my dog. Not that my dog isn't the greatest thing ever.

So tomorrow I'll let you know how it went. It was probably fabulous.



* While this is true, don't feel as bad about it as I would if it were a different band I liked because they have a lot of albums. Sixteen studio, I think, and then at least that in EP's and then collaborations and all that. A lot of music, those Goats.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:32 PM, November 23, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    Yeah, I didn't want to say anything, but reading this after I knew you'd already gone was a little strange.

    Have you ever decided not to go before?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home