Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bad Romance

I first encountered Lady GaGa during my two-week pre-move stay at my house, where I had nothing but the radio to listen to in my big empty house (I forgot my iPod). The first song I heard was Paparazzi, and I wasn't impressed. Then occasionally I'd hear Just Dance, which I recognized from watching The Ellen Show too much in my year off from life, and Poker Face. Neither of those is spectacular, nether of those is awful. Just Dance is, in my mind, superior because it's not as eventually annoying as Poker Face. But then I actually moved in for real and stopped listening to the radio...so I was kind of surprised when my friend Gunkey sent me a link to this video.

The more I watch it, the more firmly I believe that it's excellent. A music video should make you like the song, and although I'm biased because I first heard the song with the video, I do think this song is good. And the video...it's just something else. A little bit Thriller, a little bit Taken, a little bit why-the-hell-are-her-eyes-so-big. I don't like the very last scene, with the skeleton, I think it's a bit superfluous, but overall it's kind of fantastic, in both senses of the word.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:59 PM, November 17, 2009 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    Wow. She's like a stripper in "The Cell." That woman is very interesting. I don't know where I heard it, but there's some rumor going around that she's transgendered, and I hope it's true. She is totally fantastic, like a more coked-out, less approachable version of Cher.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home