Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Die Blechterommel/ The Tin Drum

From French to German. From obscene to absurd. I had to work very hard to track this scene down, so I hope you appreciate it. Actually, I just kept looking in the wrong places. This is another scene where it will, I think, be obvious as to why I like it. It's just ridiculous. I mean, would you rape someone who was hiding you from certain death? I guess it depends on how long its been since you've had any.

Anyway, the actual scene starts about a minute and a half into this link. The dialogue isn't so much important as the action is. Just bizarre, this one.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, November 12, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    Wow. Isn't that like his most acclaimed novel, too? Cause that's a little fucked up.

    Also, for some reason it never occured to me that they would have potato fields in Germany. Don't ask me why.

     
  • At 11:31 PM, November 13, 2009 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    I really like "The Tin Drum," although I don't claim to understand it all. The last time I read it in its entirety I was about 14. But, but! The scene in the potato field stuck in my mind. Also, that business with the fizzy powder at the beach. Now that was sorted! I still cringe just thinking about it.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home