Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Blank

There's something about being here in this house that makes me feel uninspired. Part of it is the fact that the TV is always on. Part of it is a lack of viable workspace. But part of it is just an overwhelming feeling of ennui. It's all I can do just to hammer this post out.

Fr some sort of substance, I will tell you: it's a whole lot more interesting to watch a game (of any sort) if there is a decent chance of seeing someone you know. I can watch UGA football games if I know Daniel is there because it's fun to hunt for him on the sidelines. But any other football game? Or a UGA game that Daniel isn't at? Meh. Same with baseball. I watched Braves games this summer and it was fantastic because Daniel was usually right behind home plate for the first two innings* and I was interested in the game and excited for the win...except if he wasn't there...then I lasted like a minute and a half before I switched to King of the Hill. We're watching the Georgia/Auburn game now and it's fascinating. But only because Daniel is there in his nonbiased** media shirt.


*We would occasionally call him while he was on TV so we could watch him talk to us on network TV. Easily amused, my family.

**Ok, wouldn't you call it unbiased? Isn't that the right way to say it? But no, on the press pass it's written as nonbiased. Which I mean, the shirt itself does not have a bias since it doesn't have feelings, so I see where saying unbiased is weird, but nonbiased? Isn't there a better way to say that?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:30 AM, November 15, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    That's so cool about seeing your brother on TV. I'm surprised he'll take your calls (and that he can hear anything your saying).

    As long as you're having trouble thinking of things to write about: are there any other movie scenes you'd like to show us?

     
  • At 12:25 PM, November 15, 2009 , Blogger the queen said...

    Unbiased: Biased once, now not biased.
    Nonbiased: Never been biased.
    Nunbiased: Catholic

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home