Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Monday, November 02, 2009

A Clockwork Orange

So, as I said, it's a classic. There's nothing I don't like about this scene...the distance, the soundtrack, the way the women keep getting up and dressing and then disrobing again. The speed keeps it interesting and the writing keeps it funny and fresh, which is kind of unusual for a threesome in what is definitely not a comedy.

Fun fact: this is one of the only movies I own on VHS.

I was going to embed this, but apparently clips from this site autoplay and there's no way to turn that off. So here is a link to the scene in question. Turn up your sound. Not safe for work, unless you work somewhere awesome.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:21 PM, November 03, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    You know, my favorite "sex" scene from Clockwork Orange is the one where Malcom McDowell first arrives in prison, and they make him take off his clothes for the drug inspection. I'm a bit of a control freak, and prior to watching that movie, I'd never really considered how many opportunities there were in prison to force a naked prisoner to stand in front of fully-clothed guards.

    Not that you really needed to know that.

    That is the only Stanley Kubrick movie I've ever seen. Have you watched the other ones? Are they all like that, generally?

     
  • At 7:33 PM, November 03, 2009 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    I really liked Full Metal Jacket, I can't remember if there is any nakedness in it but it's a great film. I wouldn't say that it's exactly "like" A Clockwork Orange, but there is definitely a certain continuity of style. Edginess and absurdity, etc.

    Is it totally wrong and horrible that my favorite sex scene in A Clockwork Orange is when they tape his eyes open and make him watch a rape?

    It is, right?

    Yeah, I know. Disturbing Overshare.

     
  • At 8:48 PM, November 03, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    I liked that part, too! I just wish he'd been naked while it happened.

    Overshare should be our NaBloPoMo theme next year. We can try to one-up each other everyday, and it'll get really uncomfortable really quick for everyone who's reading. On day 30 you can post a video of the Beaure-Bondage thing.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home