Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Friday, November 06, 2009

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

It is with great apologies that I announce that there is no clip for today. The internet has failed me. Well, not totally. Because in trying to find this clip I found a description on a site called kids-in-mind.com that apparently outlines all the questionable stuff in movies so you can decide if you want your precious muffins to be tainted by its content. They captured the scene I was looking for in perfect detail: A young man is shown in a bathtub nude to the waist masturbating, and a transsexual woman takes over (we see his gratified face and hear the water splashing rhythmically). That's the scene, yes? Yes.

Again, I think what I like about that scene is self-explanatory. Actually, what I like about the movie is probably self-explanatory. Just the bathtub and the fact that he's jerking off with the door open and his face and Hedwig and the fact that she's babysitting and she just lays the baby on the floor* and throws her card in the tub afterward. Perfect. Just amazing.

To make up for the lack of proper clippage, please enjoy the story of how Hedwig met Luther.


* They do this in The Sims (2) and it always freaks me out. Why did you lay the baby on the floor? And I know there's nothing inherently wrong with laying babies on the floor, but it just seems so wrong. They're babies. You shouldn't put them on the floor.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:55 PM, November 07, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    That website annoyed me a little, because it seemed to be implying that Hedwig was definitely molested by her father...whereas I think the movie was trying to communicate how suspicious Hedwig's mother was of any kind of happiness. So when she sees him being affectionate with thier son, she automatically concludes it's something evil. I dunno.

    But yeah, I loved that scene. Michael Pitt is oddly hot. And the business card thing was genius.

     
  • At 10:13 PM, November 07, 2009 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    I think it's his lips. Michael Pitt has oddly hot lips. He's kind of a mouth breather, but it works on film. That was an excellent scene choice--now I'm going to have to watch the movie again.

    Ya'll have both seen Velvet Goldmine, right? Because if you haven't, I'm going to come to your house and force-feed your VCR. It's one of my top-ten favorite movies ever, and the only other rock musical besides Hedwig that I've fallen in love with.

     
  • At 10:16 PM, November 07, 2009 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    As far as Chew Lips go, I very literally JUST discovered them, and I've been playing "Salt Air" on repeat too. I haven't determined yet whether I love the rest of their stuff, but I'm leaning in that direction. When I get more of their music I'll share!

     
  • At 10:20 PM, November 07, 2009 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    Also, laying babies on the floor is creepy unless you have carpet or nice rugs, and unless you're down on the floor too. Playing with babies on the floor, or changing diapers on the floor, makes sense because then they can't roll off anywhere. And you can just mop the floor! (This is in my tiled dream home...more realistically my linoleum dream home, with all the same advantages minus the classy.)

    But standing up over a baby on the floor? Or putting a baby on the floor and trotting off about your business? Don't like.

     
  • At 12:38 AM, November 08, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    Dude. It's Michael Pitt jacking off in a bathtub. I would have dumped the baby into a trash bin head-first in my rush to get a piece of that.

    Y'all can just hang out on your maternal high horses for a bit; I'll be over here living the dream.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home