Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Wednesday, November 04, 2009

A History of Violence

There's a difference between sex scenes that are sex scenes and sex scenes that are part of the film. I'm all for gratuitous ass now and then (speaking of, have you been watching Dexter this season? John Lithgow has a nice butt for an older guy.), but when you can combine the hot and the plot it's usually fantastic.

This scene in A History of Violence is just fabulous. I don't want to spoil anything if (either of) you haven't seen it, but the moment when she stops resisting is a huge turning point in the film, and the fact that he's all Bitch-Ima-take-you-on-the-stairs! is important and this scene plays back onto an earlier sex scene before the conflict happens in a spectacular way. I did not love everything about this movie, but it is of very solid construction.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:17 AM, November 05, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    Um. There is a Hollywood Sex Scene Database. I did not know this. I think this might be what shock feels like.

    My internet's acting wonky, so it won't actually play the video. I'll have to hit it on my lunch break. Wish me luck I don't get caught.

     
  • At 11:23 PM, November 05, 2009 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    Hawt! I've actually been avoiding this movie for some time now. What didn't you like about it?

    Also, is that Viggo Mortensen? I loved Hidalgo, which makes me feel like an idiot. But that horse was so neat!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home