Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Igby Goes Down

One of the reasons I've been excited to start unpacking lies in the sad fact that my TV doesn't work yet and my dvd player and dvds are somewhere in the stacks and stacks of boxes in the spare bedroom. That and I still haven't seen any of my coffee machines. I have three. Anyway, that excitement has been doubled after working on today's research because I really, really, want to watch this movie again. This is probably in my top five. Only probably, though. I'm horrible at ranking things.

Anyway, I like this scene because you, as the viewer, are just as surprised as Igby. It's like...I wonder what he's rea...oh! The set-up is great, with him wiping his hands after he touches the condom wrapper...like there is an established mental distance. And the way the scene keeps cutting back to Mimi and Bunny is fantastic. Not to mention the strategic use of red! Plus it's well acted and adds to the twisted family situation in a fun way. Man, I really want to watch this movie again. Damn.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:41 AM, November 04, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    The only part of this movie I really remember is where Susan Sarandon's like, "You know DH is your father, right?" and he's like..."Uh, NO."

    It would be nice if I could jump in bed to read, only to be ambushed by someone getting out of the shower who wants to have sex with me.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, November 04, 2009 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    Dude, that was an EXCELLENT selection. I love that movie. I was a little afraid when you said that you were going to do a sex clips theme that you were planning to go all film major-y on us. Linking French new wave, or no wave, or French ripply, or whatever. French Ripply would be a good ice cream name. Anyway, Godard. You know what I mean. But so far so good! I trust you now, you could throw a Godard in just to teach me a lesson. God knows W has tried.

    Speaking of Godard, have you seen Notre Music? It's W's favorite movie.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home