Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Saturday, November 07, 2009

Secretary

I'll admit, this is kind of an easy-target for this theme. But sometimes things are obvious choices because they're good. And you guys know I'm easily amused, right? Well, one of the things that amuses me greatly is when our on-screen protagonists come in their pants. Yeah, I know, right? But I can't help it. It was, for a while, one of the reasons I thought Glee might be a good show. But they've kind of quit doing it (the coming in his pants thing) after the first few episodes. It's not a very consistent show. But anyway, when it happens, it's hilarious. I've been trying to find a clip but it's all music videos about how the belong together. Fangirls.

But Secretary, ok, this movie starts slow but finishes strong. And weird! First time I've ever seen someone wet themselves in a wedding dress. Also, again with the sex and story combination: this scene is a major movie happening, not just good times in a suit. As always it's well acted. It kind of speaks for itself, especially in the lack of actual sex. Which of course, there is plenty of at the end of the movie. Including one with her tied to a tree that always comes to mind when people mention being uncomfortable with sex, even if that isn't what they meant at all. I assume you've all seen the film? It's kind of a classic.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:45 AM, November 08, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    After watching that, I've decided that I'm kind of uncomfortable with sex. Jeeze.
    I've only seen the very beginning of that movie before.

    What's Glee?

    And you know, I don't think I've ever heard that Don't Even Know Who I Am song before, believe it or not. But it's so good! And exactly the kind of song I would expect you to like. I also like how it only has 2 verses. I'm pretty sure every single song on the countdown has 3. It's like an unspoken rule.

     
  • At 7:27 PM, November 08, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    Hey, so can we vote for our favorites of these at the end? Winner gets to be sex scene of the month, or something?

     
  • At 10:20 PM, November 08, 2009 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    Oh, we should totally vote for our favorites. That will be awesome. And this was a great movie. Have you seen Sherry Baby?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home