Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Trauma

So my dog has become a different dog now that she's here. She's super protective--growls at strange people and dogs--sometimes even stands between them and me. She hates being outside, she doesn't remember all her old rules...she's still my sweet puppy, for sure, but I'm fascinated by how much she changed when we moved. It's understandable, since she's never been the only dog and she's never had to adapt to a new home before.

But it's fun having something that's genuinely relieved and excited to see you when you get back. As much as it kills me to leave her alone, it's really fun to come back and watch her prance around like my own little fan club. We had to do a practice run tonight because she'd never been outside by herself at night before, and I wanted to make sure she wouldn't freak out tomorrow when I'm gone all night at The Mountain Goats. Speaking of goats, there are some that live down the street from us. I'm sure Zuki would growl at them too.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:03 PM, November 21, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    That's cool that he goes to Chattanooga on tours. Poor Zuki, though. Are you going to leave her outside during the day once you have a job. Do you ever think about getting a 2nd dog to keep her company?

    And holiday company is Martina (whom I haven't seen is 4 years) and her boyfriend (whom I never met.) Naturally, there is anxiety. We're all going to be sleeping the same room for a whole week. Damn.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, November 23, 2009 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    OMG. Holiday company is Martina and a BOYFRIEND?!?!? Holy crap.

    I'm sorry Zuki is spazzing out a little, but I'm sure she'll settle. She just wants to make sure you're okay.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home