Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Monday, November 09, 2009

Wedding Crashers

So this movie isn't entirely a winner in terms of, well, anything, but it does have several fantastic sexually-related moments, one of which is our subject today. The thing I like the most* is the desperate look on Vince Vaughn's face when he starts rattling off the bullshit about wanting to learn about her personality first. Also when she calls his penis her little friend. The crazy is very well-written and well acted, which is more than I can say for the rest of the movie.

That scene is not really the one I wanted to show you. It's this one, which is more of a pre-curser to a sex scene than anything, but there are boobs which kind of qualifies it. I consider the dick-grabbing in the first one to qualify it. I make the rules. The only other thing this movie has going for it is that Christopher Walken's in it, and he amuses the crap out of me. I don't like SNL very often, but there is a census worker sketch he did that is the funniest thing I've ever seen come out of that show. Even better than Dick in a Box. But anyway, if you haven't seen the movie, I've just shown you all the good parts so you can put those two hours of your life toward better movies.


*That's not true. The thing I like the most about that scene is when she says she's not wearing panties because it makes me think of the documentary Sherman's March from Ross McElwee. I tried to find the right clip, because the way he says it is just delightful, but instead I will just have to give you the quote: "It’s three in the morning, and I can’t sleep. I keep wondering how I should’ve responded to Pat’s comment about not wearing any underpants. I mean, that’s not like telling someone that you’re not wearing any socks."

2 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, November 10, 2009 , Blogger The Wayward E said...

    Today was my favorite day of Nablopomo so far. And I'm glad that you were willing to take the hit and watch Wedding Crashers for us. That was some funny shit. =D

     
  • At 11:42 PM, November 10, 2009 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    So I thought these were pretty amusing, but I didn't actually laugh until the part where she tells him she loves him. Inspired. That's the only word I can think of.

    This is so much fun. I like my countdown, but it takes itself a little too seriously, so it's nice to be able to come over here when I'm done writing and enjoy the chiller atmosphere. I wish I were more of a movie person; the few times we've talked about movies, I could tell you would be really great to talk about movies with. I guess 4 years of study will do that for you.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home