Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Monday, November 08, 2010

How I Met Your Mother

I did not start watching HIMYM when it first came on, but Daniel gave me the first three seasons (pirated, of course) and I couldn't refuse. It's a pretty clever show with an excellent cast (Jason Segel is on my list, for sure). If you've never seen it, it's centered around Ted's journey to meeting the mother of his children, whom we see in the opening* of some episodes, but it has some just-on-the-edge-of-ridiculous episode plots that are fantastic. And that's the distinction, I think. Where most sitcoms on the air today are a re-hashing of another sitcom**, you have to look for episode quality, and I think HIMYM hits the mark pretty consistently--it's blend of plausable-but-not-realistic matches the frame-story aspect quite well.

Watch this if you want a taste of how crazy awesome the show is.



*Where older-Ted is voiced by Bob Saget. Once they accomplish the meeting-your-mother aspect I'd like to see the follow-up series of How I Became Bob Saget.

**HIMYM is essentially Friends without Phoebe.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:39 PM, November 09, 2010 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    Aw, man. This show looks like fun. I wonder if you can instant-play it on Netflix.

    And Jason Segel is good times. Coincidentally, they were interviewing him on the radio when I was driving up to Chattanooga last year, and it's really fun to listen to him talk about stuff.

     
  • At 11:47 PM, November 09, 2010 , Anonymous Th E said...

    I would definitely watch "How I Became Bob Saget."

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home