Somewhere Else

You know how it is with the traveling type. We're never really anywhere for long.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mid-series freakout

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming to bring you a special over-thinking edition of Somewhere Else. Or, we were going to, until I went and over-over-thought everything. Basically I've been tapped for a promotion at work and it'd be pushing a vegetarian agenda on my coworkers and customers. Which is cool, since I am vegetarian, but I have qualms about 1. being the night bakery manager three nights a week and being the healthy eating person the other two and 2. being a fat person whose job it is to teach people about eating right. But I think 1. is more hilariously ironic and 2. is more me trying to talk myself out of it. I don't know. But I'm all freaked out either way, because the store manager came to talk to me specifically about it and she never talks to me about anything. And I think my direct boss would hate having me move to part time. I don't know.

I guess it all depends on the money.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:10 PM, November 14, 2010 , Anonymous Andrew said...

    I think you should just go for it, pay raise or no. You'd be doing something you could feel really proud of, it would look great on your resume, and I think you'd be more effective than most at converting southerners to vegetarianism.

    Go forth, sister Erin, and spread the good word!

    On the other hand, it might be a lot of responsibility to get immediately prior to moving to Samoa, and it could be a lot of added stress when you're trying to plan for such a major life shift.

    But I still think you should do it.

     
  • At 1:16 AM, November 15, 2010 , Anonymous The E said...

    You have a while before Samoa, go for it!

    Do it for vegetarianism. Do it for bakery irony. DO IT FOR THE MONEY!

    :)

    Congratulations, btw.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home